Service Desk Coordinator
Job Title: Service Coordinator
Department: Managed IT Services
Reports to: Manager, Support Services
The Service Coordinator is responsible for logging, analyzing tracking and resolving or seeing to resolution all incoming customer support requests through effective decision making and problem solving. The Service Coordinator will coordinate the daily activities and schedules of the service engineers. This is client facing role of significant importance, and as such the Service Coordinator is expected to present himself/herself in an extremely professional, competent manner at all times, and to communicate effectively with our clients and staff.
- Provide initial response via phone and email to requests for assistance or problem reports from users and obtain necessary information to accurately describe the request or problem.
- Triage requests and assign to technical staff.
- Coordinate schedules and prioritize tasks for Help Desk and Field Engineers
- Track all outstanding requests to ensure they are responded to and resolved according to company defined Service Level Agreements.
- Identify and escalate issues that fall outside of acceptable service delivery parameters.
- Escalate appropriate issues to more senior staff as necessary.
- Provide first response on each service request as it is received.
- Provide follow up response to ensure clients are aware of the status of their issue and estimated time to response and completion.
- Maintain communication with technical staff on problem resolution, status of outstanding issues, and scheduling for follow-up items.
- Maintain communication with the Support Services Manager on customer service issues, such as large-scale failures or customer dissatisfaction.
- Ensure information on all service requests is entered into the problem tracking system, including request details, time entries, internal notes and resolution.
- Provide tier 1 technical support, and achieve company defined objectives for utilization while maintaining high levels of customer service
As with any position with Omega Network Solutions, the Service Coordinator is responsible for adhering to company policies and procedures, and may also have other duties assigned as necessary.
The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in a related discipline, and 3-5 years of experience providing front-line desktop support in varied environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for providing unmatched customer service
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate other staff and delegate tasks
- Presents himself/herself in a highly professional, competent manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Extremely strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Fanatical attention to detail
Required Technical Skills:
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office applications
- Troubleshooting and removal of viruses and spyware
The following areas would be considered an asset:
- Experience working with an IT service provider
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of SonicWALL firewalls
- Support of Microsoft server software, such as Active Directory, Exchange and SQL
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with Microsoft Terminal Server & Citrix XenApp
- Experience with ConnectWise or other PSA (Professional Services Automation) system
- Experience with LabTech or other RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- Certifications such as A+, Network+, MCTS, MCITP, CCA