Senior Service Desk Engineer
Omega Network Solutions is a Managed IT Services Provider located in Toronto. We specialize in providing outsourced IT support, hosted servers, security and project services to small and medium sized firms in the Toronto GTA area. We are searching for an experienced IT Support professional to join our small but dynamic service team in providing support to our clients.
Our Vision: To be the premiere managed service partner for small and medium businesses in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our Mission: Our mission is to provide exceptional service by delivering high quality and secure IT systems and solutions that allow our clients to effectively meet their business goals. We are committed to providing a challenging and rewarding work environment for our employees.
If this position interests you, and you believe you have the qualifications we’re looking for, please submit your resume and a covering letter via e-mail to Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com. Please note that while we appreciate and review every submission we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Senior Service Desk Engineer
The Senior Service Desk Engineer is a technical support role at Omega Network Solution whose primary responsibility is to provide desktop, server and network support for our clients. This is a client facing role, interacting with people of all levels in our clients’ offices. The Senior Service Desk Engineer is responsible for tracking and resolving all assigned support requests through effective decision making and problem solving skills.
The Senior Service Desk Engineer will also have responsibility for projects that come up from time to time, such as building and deploying new servers (both physical and virtual), setting up new client BDR appliances and integrating with the vault.
The successful candidate will present himself/herself in an extremely professional, competent manner, be highly organized, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. The Senior Service Desk Engineer is expected to provide these services with a high level of technical competency and independence, demonstrating experience and ability in multiple disciplines within IT.
This position is part of an on-call rotation. During the on-call period, the individual is expected to respond to requests from clients and urgent server alerts in a timely manner, according to the defined on-call policy.
Omega Network Solutions offers a competitive compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a degree or diploma related to information technology, 5 years of related experience, and will be skilled in the following areas:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Presents himself/herself in a highly professional, competent manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivating
- Patience to solve technical problems with end users of varying technical aptitudes
- Microsoft Windows XP/7/8
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- TCP/IP (routing, protocols)
- Car to travel on-site to clients in the GTA as required
Experience in the following technologies would be considered a strong asset:
- Labtech, or other RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- ConnectWise, or other PSA (Professional Services Automation) system
- SonicWALL Firewalls
- VMware vSphere
- Citrix XenApp and CPSM
- HP Proliant Server hardware
- HP ProCurve switches
- HP iLO and System Insight Manager
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2
- Microsoft, VMware, Citrix and Sonicwall certifications would be considered a strong asset
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resume and a cover letter via e-mail at Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com. We appreciate and review all submissions, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.